I already did this meme in 2008
. Considering that I have come up with a bajillion new characters since then (like, uh, all of the San Francisco landmarks), and considering that I draw better now, it was time to bring this thing back.
Remind me not to again, because this took forever
The original meme is by ~Misuteru
, though the template seems to no longer exist anymore. I had it saved from last time.
Here's the roll call for this one:
- The largest city in the Inland Empire, once known worldwide for its elegant affluence and its role in the citrus industry. Now, he's kind of a bro. Also, the city where I live.
•2. The Bay Bridge
- Connects San Francisco and Oakland. Often congested. Often overlooked in favor of that other bridge, you know, the orange one. Constantly worried about earthquakes, and usually worried about other things as well.
•3. The San Jacinto Fault
- Runs from San Bernardino to the Mexican border. One of the most active faults in California. Hyperactive pre-tween who will take San Andreas' job some day. Also the star of my dissertation.
•4. Orange County
- The last conservative holdout on California's coast, much to everyone else's dismay. Loves chain stores, convenience, and Disney. Prefers to put things he doesn't like behind walls where nobody can see them and where they can't get to him.
•5. The Golden Gate Bridge
- Connects San Francisco to Marin. Big and orange. You may have seen a picture...
•6. San Bernardino
- Second largest city in the Inland Empire. Terrible with managing his money, and convinced that everything that has ever been good for him has either left or been taken away. In a high school AU, he'd be voted most likely to be beaten up by a fault zone.
•7. Sutro Tower
- Tallest structure in the Bay Area, known for overseeing San Francisco, confusing tourists, and most likely beating the everloving crap out of anything that dares threaten the City. Also sometimes suspected of mind control.
•8. The Puente Hills Fault
- Blind thrust fault that happens to be situated directly under Los Angeles. He resents that a city was built on him, because it puts him in the position of the bad guy. He wishes it wasn't there, but he doesn't want to be the reason it gets gone.
•9. The Hayward Fault
- Makes a living creeping his way through the East Bay and slowly tearing things in half. It's a shame for them that he doesn't get rid of all of his life's stresses in this way...
- The dream of the '90s is alive with her.